Fishing and Immigration email@example.com
The following rules to apply to all commercial fishermen in UK waters whether UK fishermen or from the EU in the interests of ‘fairness.
Please forward this post on to all your contacts and your MP.
The overarching principle with fishing in UK waters is that the UK has complete sovereignty over its waters and any concessions are at the discretion of the UK.
To achieve this it is first necessary to leave the European Court of Human Rights and establish a UK CHR.
- There is a crisis in North Sea fishing stocks due to overfishing and species depletion. This is a prime reason given for this proposal.
- All Fishing in UK waters to be under the authority of a UK Fishing Authority (UKFA).
- The French to be given temporary discretionary access to British waters to enable them to reduce their fishing fleet in an orderly manner. A concession that was not given to British fishermen when the UK joined the EU.
- All fishing boats registered in the UK must be owned and crewed by British nationals or other crewmen with a limited life working visa.
- The total catch of fish to be harvested in UK waters is to be assessed by the UK annually by a UK scientific department of the UKFA and applied to both UK and EU fishing boats. An EU representative to attend as an advisor.
- Total annual catch for all EU boats to be limited by UKFA and where one EU boat catches a large harvest it reduces the catch allowed by other EU boats are allowed to catch.
- UK boats can catch an equal tonnage of fish in EU waters as EU boats can catch in UK waters.
- An annual license per boat to fish in UK waters at £5000 (?) a year for UK and EU fishermen to fund the conservation necessities issued by the UKFA. It can be reclaimed as a legitimate business expense by a UK fisherman from the UK Inland Revenue and the EU reclaim from their Revenue.
- A similar license required by UK fishermen to fish in EU waters
- The number of licenses available for EU fishermen can be open for them to bid for can they reclaim their license and bid fee from their home EU Inland Revenue
- Review all the French applications for a license and reject any with spelling mistakes, wrong colour ink etc.
- The number of annually reducing licenses and harvest issued to EU boats and time scale is to be at the complete discretion of the UK Fisheries.
- Annual harvest taken by EU Boats and licenses issued to the EU boats to be incrementally reduced each year and transferred to the UK fishing fleet to enable the EU fisheries to gradually adapt to the new fishing climate.
- The license would limit what the EU and UK fisherman can catch to prevent species depletion.
- Licenses awarded to UK fishermen cannot be sold on to EU fishermen – only other UK fishermen but not corporates.
- No correlation between EU and UK annual harvest
- Unintentional overfish to be cross decked onto a UK boat or landed at a UK port- not dumped overboard.
- To be granted a license to fish the EU Fishermen must have documented proof they have historically fished in UK waters.
- The boat must be fitted with a tracker and the UKFA informed of the intention to fish, where and when before being given permission to commence fishing.
- When the fishing trip is completed all fishing boats, UK and EU, must check-in at a UK port to verify its catch is within the license before a UK boat is unloaded or an EU boat returning to the EU.
- The UKFA to have the right to board and inspect any fishing boat as a condition of the license anywhere in UK waters and before they leave UK waters.
- All EU boats must then return to the EU with up to 25 illegal immigrants (depending on the size of the boat) that came from the EU back to the EU after each of their fishing trips finishes as a rigid condition of being granted a license.
- Open an office in the UK Embassy in Paris as the only place to process the migrants and asylum seekers.
- Any illegal migrant found on a UK or EU fishing boat will result in that boat being impounded with a heavy fine and imprisonment of the skipper and no further licenses allowed to that fishing company.
- If the UKFA decides to allow future licenses for EU boats the EU boats will have to bid for them. Licenses are not an entitlement. They are a temporary concession.
- Any attempt by France to exploit the licenses for petty reasons should result in the UK canceling all licenses issued to the EU.
- Fish Quotas to be initially the same for UK and EU. EU to decide how much each EU boat can catch from to total quota. UK quota to increase each year and EU quota to reduce each year until the UK has 100%. However a limited number of licenses could be for EU fishermen that they have to bid for.
- As an alternative No fishing in UK waters for 5 years to allow the fish stocks to recover after years of overfishing by EU boats. UK fishermen to be on 5 years furlough but allowed to fish for scientific research during that 5 years