Very simply stated
A guy looked at my Corvette the other day and said I wonder how many people could have been fed for the money that sports car cost.
I replied I am not sure, it fed a lot of families in Bowling Green, Kentucky who built it, it fed the people who make the tires, it fed the people who made the components that went into it,
It fed the people in the copper mine who mined the copper for the wires, it fed people in Decatur IL at Caterpillar who make the trucks that haul the copper ore. It fed the trucking people who hauled it from the plant to the dealer and fed the people working at the dealership and their families. BUT,… I have to admit, I guess I really don’t know how many people it fed.
That is the difference between capitalism and welfare mentality.
When you buy something you put money in people’s pockets, and give them dignity for their skills.
When you give someone something for nothing, you rob them of their dignity and self worth.
Capitalism is freely giving your money in exchange for something of value.
Socialism is taking your money against your will and shoving something down your throat that you never asked for.
- 2017 – 008 Is May a champion for UK? Bob Lomas 24 March, 2017
- 2017 007 EU FORGETTING THE LESSONS OF THE PAST 7 March, 2017
- 2017 – 006 Brave New Europe? 5 March, 2017
- 2017 – 005 UK bureaucrats plot to lock UK into EU post Brexit 19 February, 2017
- 2017 – 004 MCCARRAN-WALTER ACT OF 1952 AUTHORISES TRUMP’S POLICY ON IMMIGRATION People 1 February, 2017
- 2017 – 003 Some non Brits who voted in the Petition to stop Trump visiting UK 31 January, 2017
- 2017 – 002 24 January, 2017
- 2017 – 001 White Tribes 24 January, 2017
- 2016 – 085 Statement by Peter Thorneycroft on 1972 ECAct when Chairman of the Conservative party 9 January, 2017
- 2016 – 084 Difference between Capitalism and Socialism 29 December, 2016