- Fracking would make the UK self sufficient in energy and probably able to export energy.
- The decision to Frack or not to Frack has nothing to do with geology or safety but is purely political.
- Essential you read this to the end as the last bit explains all
- Without fracking UK needs to import gas at the cost of about £2000/year per consumer. With fracking the cost would be about £300/year.
- how much gas have we? Possibly as much as £trillion
Hydraulic fracturing has been happening in oil and gas wells, including in Britain, for decades. What changed in the past decade was that it was combined with horizontal drilling and became cleaner and more effective.
- UK reported to get some 5000 earthquakes a year – why? We are some 1000 miles from any techtonic plates. Some due to collapsing old mining works but most due to the UK resettling after the Ice Age when there was a glacier 1.5 miles thick on the UK. The great majority are very minor indeed but occasionally over Richter 5. Richter 5 is about 1,000 times more powerful than the Richter 2 in Lancashire near the Fracking drilling. Richter 2 not enough to rattle your tea cups. The Richter scale is logarithmic so each increase is 10 times the previous.
- If earth tremours excede 0.5 Richter for any reason fracking has to stop. That is some 10,000 times less than what the UK can experience naturally. It is reaonable to ask why?
- Why have the BBC not mentioned that?
- 20,000 years ago Great Britain was under a glacier 1.5 miles thick. Its great weight pushed the North UK down into the earths crust and the South pivoting up. The ice has gone now and the UK is rising back up in the North and sinking in the South. The continous small earthquakes are due the the UK landmass reasserting itself.
- So why do the Green Grollies in our Civil Service want to stop fracking? Could it be they are banning Fracking as a Trojan Horse to bring in the New World Order by stealth or perhaps they have only minimal understanding of what is happening?
The Richter scale is logarithmic. So Richter 2 is 10 time more powerful than Richter 1. Richter 3 is 10 times more powerful than Richter 2 and 100 times more than Richter 1. Richter 4 is 1000 times than R1 more and Richter 5 is 10,000 times more than R 1.
The UK gets a richter 5 earthquake every 10 – 20 years. If a quake of more than 0.5 richter occurs fracking has to stop.
If a quake occurs during drilling how will you know if it is due to the drilling or just a another natural event?
Fracking is the recovery of gas from deep drilling. There is enough gas there to supply all our needs and release us from our reliance on Middle Eaest Oil until nuclear fission becomes viable.
However it is a political football used by those who wish to dismantle the industrial society.
UK has enough fracking gas to make the UK self sufficient in energy for 500 years. No more being blackmailed for oil and gas from the Middle east and Russia.
However this diagram does not say how much gas is recovered in this example only what is needed to release the gas.
It is horizontal drilling that has transformed to economics of fracking.
However the naive Green Grollies advising the naive government have stopped fracking to the detriment of the energy starved public.
by Bishop Hill blog (a very reliable blog)
Antifracking: the Russian connection ?
Jan 28, 2015
Energy: gas Foreign
Via Instapundit comes an article from the Washington Free Beacon which reports that money is being funnelled to anti-fracking activists by a mysterious company in Bermuda with links to the Russian oil business:
A shadowy Bermudan company that has funneled tens of millions of dollars to anti-fracking environmentalist groups in the United States is run by executives with deep ties to Russian oil interests and offshore money laundering schemes involving members of President Vladimir Putin’s inner circle.
One of those executives, Nicholas Hoskins, is a director at a hedge fund management firm that has invested heavily in Russian oil and gas. He is also senior counsel at the Bermudan law firm Wakefield Quin and the vice president of a London-based investment firm whose president until recently chaired the board of the state-owned Russian oil company Rosneft.
The findings are based on a report by the US Environmental Policy Alliance. I don’t think a fire has been found yet, but the quantities of smoke are prodigious.
Update on Jan 28, 2015 by Registered Commenter Bishop Hill
A little Googling shows that Hans-Joerg Rudloff, the chairman of Marcuard, a UK company named in the report, is a former director of Barclays Capital and a close associate of Suleiman Kerimov, who is a significant shareholder in Gazprom.