Subject: FW: Gove: Twisted words frm twisted minds. .
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 11:24:24 +0100
It is a sad fact that most Justices of the Peace (Lay Magistrates) are puppets.
All the more reason to give credit to George Lyons of Tyneside Bench, & the other 20 throughout the country who are resigning, having (belatedly) recognised what is going on, & don’t want to be part of it.
(I have pasted the text from the link lower down,)
One extract: “adult offenders who use (?) our criminal courts should pay towards the cost of running them”.
People are dragged into the corrupt British Courts, probably in handcuffs, & are then accused of ‘using‘ the courts! Only the most twisted minds could think up such twisted words:
It is akin to charging members of a chain gang for the wear & tear on the chains, or the crucified for the cost of the timber & the nails!
People even VOTED for Gove & his twisted minded cronies to rule us (not that the alternative were any better!) Not surprisingly, they are becoming ever more blatant!
We must make contact with these magistrates who are nowbeginning to see the light, educate them further, & recruit them to join us.
Text of Article below:
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – –
“A North East magistrate has resigned over new court fees that “force the innocent to plead guilty” and means “justice is only going to be for those who can afford it.”
Since April criminal defendants have had to pay an “outrageous” new levy of up to £1,200 for standing trial – with fees potentially quadrupling if someone pleads not guilty and are then convicted.
Now George Lyons, a member of the bench in North Tyneside for 15 years, has turned his back on the role, and written to the Magistrates Association’s Magistrate magazine claiming the fees put pressure on people to admit crimes they did not commit in order to avoid a bigger bill.
“This is a terrible piece of legislation introduced through the back door,” wrote Mr Lyons, who fears the rules – which courts have no discretion over – could “criminalise many people because that is the option” for them.
“Justice is only going to be for those who can afford it.”
He is among 20 magistrates across the country to have told the Magistrates’ Association they were resigning amid fears that the system is now both convicting the innocent, and seeing many “uncollectable” fines issued – as many defendants are serial offenders on low incomes who will be unable to pay.
“I can fully understand magistrates resigning over this,” said Magistrates’ Association chairman Richard Monkhouse. “When courts impose fines, they take account of an offender’s ability to pay.
“Yet this charge offers neither judicial discretion nor means-testing at the point it is imposed and seeks to undo any attempts to be fair and proportionate.”
He added: “There are already reports of people under pressure to plead guilty, particularly as they increasingly find themselves acting for themselves.”
The Association has told justice secretary Michael Gove of their concerns and want the charge – which comes on top of any fines, compensation for victims, the “victim surcharge, which funds victims’ services, or prosecution costs – to be reviewed after it has been in force for six months.
The fee starts at £150 for a guilty plea for a summary offence, rising to £180 for a guilty plea for a more serious, either way offence, where defendants have a choice whether to have their case heard at magistrates’ or crown court.
The surcharge increases to £520 for a conviction after a not guilty plea and trial for a summary offence and £1,000 for a conviction after a not guilty plea for an either way offence.
In the crown court, the charges are £900 for a guilty plea and £1,200 for conviction after a not guilty plea.
The charges have also been condemned by the Law Society, which represents 150,000 solicitors in England and Wales.
“We think that this charge is counterproductive and against the interest of natural justice,” said the organisation’s president Jonathan Smithers.
“It is a huge incentive for people to plead guilty when they may not be because these are significant amounts of money.”
The Government said it had introduced the charges because it “considers that convicted adult offenders who use our criminal courts should pay towards the cost of running them” – reducing the “burden” on the taxpayers. “
- 2018 – 035 Essential Books to read to Understand to Threat of the New World Order 18 September, 2018
- 2018 – 034 Andrew Marr on forced mixed marriages. 17 September, 2018
- 2018 – 033 EU Agenda 13 A move to control the Internet 12 September, 2018
- 2018 – 032 Common Agricultural policy 5 September, 2018
- 2018 – 031 Why is the UK Prison Service in such Chaos? 26 August, 2018
- 2018 – 030 THE HISTORY AND AIMS OF THE EU and New World Order. 9 August, 2018
- 2018 – 029 How the early UK Deep state connived secretly to get UK into the EU 7 August, 2018
- 2018 – 028 The Deep State runs UK – who are they? 25 July, 2018
- 2018 – 027 Difference between the population and the Establishment over Brexit 14 July, 2018
- 2018 – 0026 EU paid 160 million euro to pro Remain groups. 5 July, 2018
- 2018 – 025 How the NUJ muzzled journalists on naming Ethnic minority felons. 16 June, 2018
- 2018 – 024 blank 27 May, 2018
- 2018 – 023 United Nations Migration Chief Claims Mass Migration in ‘National Interest’ 22 May, 2018
- 2018 – 022 The Libertas saga and how the Electoral Commission tried to bankrupt UKIP. 20 May, 2018
- 2018 – 021 Arc Manche A secret EU a plan to carve up UK. 15 May, 2018
- 2018 – 020 Speech to the DIEXODUS DEMONSTRATION by Edward Spalton 11 May, 2018
- 2018 – 019 Letter to May on Islam. 10 May, 2018
- 2018 – 018 How the Educational Authorities produced Generation Snowflake 8 May, 2018
- 2018 – 017 The EU’s intention to prevent free speech on the internet 30 April, 2018
- 2018 – 016 Who do you belong to? 27 April, 2018
- 2018 – 015 response to petition to keep UK military out of EU control 11 April, 2018
- 2018 – 014 Slavery in the USA 9 April, 2018
- 2018 – 013 19 March, 2018
- 2018 – 011 Fallen Soldier has his say 13 March, 2018
- 2018 – 012 Social Media bypasses Main Stream Media 13 March, 2018