1. The block of flats was run not by the Council but by KCTMO, an acronym for The Kensington and Chelsea Tenants Management Organisation. This body is made up of 8 TENANTS, 4 councillors and 3 independent members. It is a not for profit company. An ALMO (Arms Length Managemant Company) which operates at arms length from Kensington Council
2. Labour hold the seat that the block is situated in.
3. Labour run the London Council who manage the under funded London Fire Service
4. Emma Coad the sitting Labour MP for that ward also sat on the KCTMO.
5. The advice to stay put which Sadiq Khan has been so vocal about was given by the London Fire Service.
6. The decision to change contractors during the refurb was made by KCTMO.
7. The decision not to spend an additional £138k on fitting sprinklers was again KCTMO.
8. The decision to create an ALMO organisation such as the KCTMO was made under the Right To Manage legislation passed in 2002
as part of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act.
9. This was put in place to give leaseholders and tenants a greater say and the ability to self manage, which in some circumstances has clearly proven to be flawed.
10. Which Govt was in a charge when this law was passed? It was Labour.
11. Sadiq Khan as mayor of London produced a report stating that the fire service did not need further funding.
12. Emma Coad elected Labour MP was on the board of the Tenant Management group who are being accused of not listening to tenants.
This knee-jerk reaction is a modern day lynch mob encouraged by bitter Labour MPs who having lost a fairly close election want to destroy a democratically elected government for the chance of a second attempt to grab power.
Further, according to Christopher Booker (a strong advocate for Remain) in the Telegraph, when the Grenfell Tower was built, the cladding materials were glass-based and inert.
Fire could not pass through or behind the cladding.
Since then, authority for specification of construction materials has passed from individual governments to the EU.
The EU has decreed, as part of climate change initiatives, that the main purpose of cladding is to provide insulation, thus reducing the need to burn fuel.
When, three years ago, Kensington spent £10 million on up-rating the Grenfell Tower it had no option but to use cladding permitted by the EU.
Unfortunately, the cladding is not fireproof. Have not (yet) heard anybody accuse the EU of responsibility for the fire – though that is where at least part of the blame lies.
I rest my case!!!
I leave you all to pass on!!!
for the involvement of the EU see http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86512
- 2018 – 013 19 March, 2018
- 2018 – 011 Fallen Soldier has his say 13 March, 2018
- 2018 – 012 Social Media bypasses Main Stream Media 13 March, 2018
- 2018 – 009 If Britain is to Brexit properly, it must get out of the EU’s Defence Union 4 March, 2018
- 2018 – 008 PLAN FOR A UNITED STATES OF EUROPE WHICH IS TO BE CONTROLLED BY A NEW WORLD ORDER. 22 February, 2018
- 2018 – 007 EU intends to control all artistic activities and copyright 3 February, 2018
- 2018 – 006 EU intends to control all journalists with an EU Press Card 2 February, 2018
- 2018 – 005 EU intend all copyright to become the property of the EU on expiry 2 February, 2018
- 2018 – 004 Freedom of the press and the Parole Board 28 January, 2018
- 2018 – 003 THE HISTORY of the EU 28 January, 2018
- 2018 – 002 More on Common Purpose 1 January, 2018
- 2018 – 001 How the Gov lied to the British people to join the EU 31 December, 2017
- 2017 -60 How schools have improved since 1950 14 December, 2017
- (no title) 14 December, 2017
- 2017 – 059 Operation Mockingbird 1 December, 2017
- 2017 – 058 THE HISTORY AND AIMS OF THE EU, UN and New World Order 12 November, 2017
- 2017 – 057 The National Society for the prevention of Cruelty to Vegetables 1 November, 2017
- 2017 – 055 The Spanish experience with the EU 29 October, 2017
- 2017 – 054 The very serious threat of the EU army having control in UK post Brexit 26 October, 2017
- 2017 – 053 Was Randolf Churchill hoodwinked by Bromley Council? 25 October, 2017
- 2017 – 052 EU press card to control all journalists 16 October, 2017
- 2017 – 051 Hammond blocking Brexit 15 October, 2017
- 2017 – 050 How the EU is leading the UK into a negotiating quick sand 13 October, 2017
- 2017 – 049 Driving Awareness course – poor and dangerous advice 12 October, 2017
- 2017 – 048 The sinister EU Defense Union. 11 October, 2017