1. The block of flats was run not by the Council but by KCTMO, an acronym for The Kensington and Chelsea Tenants Management Organisation. This body is made up of 8 TENANTS, 4 councillors and 3 independent members. It is a not for profit company. An ALMO (Arms Length Managemant Company) which operates at arms length from Kensington Council
2. Labour hold the seat that the block is situated in.
3. Labour run the London Council who manage the under funded London Fire Service
4. Emma Coad the sitting Labour MP for that ward also sat on the KCTMO.
5. The advice to stay put which Sadiq Khan has been so vocal about was given by the London Fire Service.
6. The decision to change contractors during the refurb was made by KCTMO.
7. The decision not to spend an additional £138k on fitting sprinklers was again KCTMO.
8. The decision to create an ALMO organisation such as the KCTMO was made under the Right To Manage legislation passed in 2002
as part of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act.
9. This was put in place to give leaseholders and tenants a greater say and the ability to self manage, which in some circumstances has clearly proven to be flawed.
10. Which Govt was in a charge when this law was passed? It was Labour.
11. Sadiq Khan as mayor of London produced a report stating that the fire service did not need further funding.
12. Emma Coad elected Labour MP was on the board of the Tenant Management group who are being accused of not listening to tenants.
This knee-jerk reaction is a modern day lynch mob encouraged by bitter Labour MPs who having lost a fairly close election want to destroy a democratically elected government for the chance of a second attempt to grab power.
Further, according to Christopher Booker (a strong advocate for Remain) in the Telegraph, when the Grenfell Tower was built, the cladding materials were glass-based and inert.
Fire could not pass through or behind the cladding.
Since then, authority for specification of construction materials has passed from individual governments to the EU.
The EU has decreed, as part of climate change initiatives, that the main purpose of cladding is to provide insulation, thus reducing the need to burn fuel.
When, three years ago, Kensington spent £10 million on up-rating the Grenfell Tower it had no option but to use cladding permitted by the EU.
Unfortunately, the cladding is not fireproof. Have not (yet) heard anybody accuse the EU of responsibility for the fire – though that is where at least part of the blame lies.
I rest my case!!!
I leave you all to pass on!!!
for the involvement of the EU see http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86512
- 2018 – 038 May’s 13 Brexit mistakes 9 November, 2018
- 2018 – 037 UK citizenship post Brexit 27 October, 2018
- 2018 – 036 14 October, 2018
- 2018 – 035 Essential Books to read to Understand to Threat of the New World Order 18 September, 2018
- 2018 – 034 Andrew Marr on forced mixed marriages. 17 September, 2018
- 2018 – 033 EU Article 13 A move to control the Internet 12 September, 2018
- 2018 – 032 Common Agricultural policy 5 September, 2018
- 2018 – 031 Why is the UK Prison Service in such Chaos? 26 August, 2018
- 2018 – 030 THE HISTORY AND AIMS OF THE EU and New World Order. 9 August, 2018
- 2018 – 029 How the early UK Deep state connived secretly to get UK into the EU 7 August, 2018
- 2018 – 028 The Deep State runs UK – who are they? 25 July, 2018
- 2018 – 027 Difference between the population and the Establishment over Brexit 14 July, 2018
- 2018 – 0026 EU paid 160 million euro to pro Remain groups. 5 July, 2018
- 2018 – 025 How the NUJ muzzled journalists on naming Ethnic minority felons. 16 June, 2018
- 2018 – 024 blank 27 May, 2018
- 2018 – 023 United Nations Migration Chief Claims Mass Migration in ‘National Interest’ 22 May, 2018
- 2018 – 022 The Libertas saga and how the Electoral Commission tried to bankrupt UKIP. 20 May, 2018
- 2018 – 021 Arc Manche A secret EU a plan to carve up UK. 15 May, 2018
- 2018 – 020 Speech to the DIEXODUS DEMONSTRATION by Edward Spalton 11 May, 2018
- 2018 – 019 Letter to May on Islam. 10 May, 2018
- 2018 – 018 How the Educational Authorities produced Generation Snowflake 8 May, 2018
- 2018 – 017 The EU’s intention to prevent free speech on the internet 30 April, 2018
- 2018 – 016 Who do you belong to? 27 April, 2018
- 2018 – 015 response to petition to keep UK military out of EU control 11 April, 2018
- 2018 – 014 Slavery in the USA 9 April, 2018