1. The block of flats was run not by the Council but by KCTMO, an acronym for The Kensington and Chelsea Tenants Management Organisation. This body is made up of 8 TENANTS, 4 councillors and 3 independent members. It is a not for profit company. An ALMO (Arms Length Managemant Company) which operates at arms length from Kensington Council
2. Labour hold the seat that the block is situated in.
3. Labour run the London Council who manage the under funded London Fire Service
4. Emma Coad the sitting Labour MP for that ward also sat on the KCTMO.
5. The advice to stay put which Sadiq Khan has been so vocal about was given by the London Fire Service.
6. The decision to change contractors during the refurb was made by KCTMO.
7. The decision not to spend an additional £138k on fitting sprinklers was again KCTMO.
8. The decision to create an ALMO organisation such as the KCTMO was made under the Right To Manage legislation passed in 2002
as part of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act.
9. This was put in place to give leaseholders and tenants a greater say and the ability to self manage, which in some circumstances has clearly proven to be flawed.
10. Which Govt was in a charge when this law was passed? It was Labour.
11. Sadiq Khan as mayor of London produced a report stating that the fire service did not need further funding.
12. Emma Coad elected Labour MP was on the board of the Tenant Management group who are being accused of not listening to tenants.
This knee-jerk reaction is a modern day lynch mob encouraged by bitter Labour MPs who having lost a fairly close election want to destroy a democratically elected government for the chance of a second attempt to grab power.
for the involvement of the EU see http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86512
- 2017 – 026 Who was responsible for Grenfell Tower. 2 July, 2017
- 017 – 025 3 US presidents and illegal migrants 29 June, 2017
- 2017 – 024 GERMAN-ISLAM CONNECTION GOES BACK TO WW1 29 June, 2017
- 2017 – 023 Lord Walsingham’s Witness to History on the origins of the EU 29 June, 2017
- 2017 – 022 Global Warming is Fake Science 18 June, 2017
- 2017 – 021 Did Tory Remainers sabotage May’s election? 10 June, 2017
- 2017 – 020 Hidden costs of the EU 8 June, 2017
- 2017 – 019 The European Union’s Evil Pedigree – Berlin 1942 by Edward Spalton 14 May, 2017
- 2017 – 018 New book a must read Brave New Europe 11 May, 2017
- 2017 – 017 How Germany and France conspired against Britain when the EU started 5 May, 2017