The EU and the Euro have proved to be an unmitigated disaster. Thee EU is in dire financial straights and their only source of money to bail themselves out are your savings.
Martin Armstrong Warns Europeans Of The Coming Expropriation Of 10% Of Everyone’s Accounts
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/02/2014 12:04 -0500
As we have discussed in depth previously (2 years ago here as “muddle through has failed” and most recently here as the IMF discussed a “one-off” wealth tax), a confiscation (akin to Cyprus overnight debacle) is coming and Martin Armstrong believes sooner than most think.Submitted by Martin Armstrong via Armstrong Economics,
Anyone who thinks it is a fantasy that government will simply just confiscate 10% of everyone’s accounts in Europe better have another look at the fool they see in the mirror staring back at them. This IMF solution is traditionally French and is really coming because the people in charge are effectively Marxists and this idea came from the IMF under the control of French ideology. They will expropriate these funds to save a banking system that they screwed up and will never reform anything because they are incapable of admitting any mistake.
These European government officials really are playing a dangerous game that is inviting total chaos, civil unrest, and may set themselves up for invasion. Instead of Napoleon invading Russia (1812.479), it may be the other way around when they smell weakness.
Let me make this very clear. I have many French friends and they know the people in charge are just Marxists. Adam Smith wrote Wealth of Nations because he visited France to investigate Physiocracy that argued agriculture was the only real wealth. Karl Marx did not come up with Communism himself. He was more of a socialist. He did not advocate confiscating all property. It was the French movement of a commune at the time that convinced him their way was better. It was Engels who steered Marx into Communism. These ideas have emerged from France and this is why we have some of the most insane ideas still emerging from this country. There is a core philosophy among some that this socialism is correct.
The IMF proposal to expropriate everyone’s accounts in Europe will happen. The consequences could be absolutely the collapse in confidence that will be off the charts. Why should people trust government ever again or any bank for that matter?
My advice to Europe – move as much as you can… – Hollande will come up with that one you can bet. He will weaken Europe and destroy the future of generations yet to come.
When they took the funds in Cyprus, the EU did not distinguish between European, American, or Russian accounts.
the text makes it clear this is an EU plan and there is no point in arguing about what the words, taken literally mean, as the EU will interpret them any way they find convenient including non-eurozone but EU banks
From: Victor< firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Idris Francis <email@example.com> Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 11:13:00 -0500 Subject: Re: seizure of bank deposits above e100k is now an official policy of the EU – the facts
I have of course read all this over many months. So far as I can see no other currency is mentioned other than the Euro. Do you think that Sterling and eg: The Swiss franc amongst all others are not in this fraud? Or could we be?
On 4 January 2014 15:24, Idris Francis< firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
- Thanks, Caroline, its not a matter of being thick, or not, only a matter of having noticed the announcement or not. This is what I circulated some weeks ago
- In a message dated 09/08/2013 11:31:58 GMT Daylight Time, email@example.com writes:
- From: “Freenations”< firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
- Subject: YOUR BANK DEPOSITS ARE UNDER THREAT – BY EU LAW
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 09:36:08 +0100
- YOUR BANK DEPOSITS ARE UNDER THREAT – BY EU LAW AND BRITISH GOVERNMENT AGREEMENT
- THE GREAT LIE OF COURSE IS THAT BANK CUSTOMERS ARE CREDITORS
- THEY ARE NOT, THEY ARE DEPOSITORS
- WITHOUT THAT ASSUMPTION THE ENTIRE BANKING SYSTEM BASED ON TRUST
- COLLAPSES – SO WHAT IS OUR PARLIAMENT DOING ABOUT IT??
- DO OSBORNE AND CAMERON HAVE THE FAINTEST IDEA?????
- Respond to this post by replying above this line
New post on The Slog. 3-D bollocks deconstruction
- GLOBAL LOOTING: The new EU bailin law was passed 8 days ago….did you notice?
- by John Ward
Revealed: official details on how the EU will steal from us
- Are you a citizen with rights, or just a helpless crustacean?
- Three beaming eurocrats – Barroso, Van Rompuy and Lithuanian Dalia Grybauskaite – emerged triumphant from a session two days ago, in which they mapped out the biggest bank heist in world history. This is to put flesh on the eurozone law hastily passed on August 1st (while EU citizens were on holiday) to deal with the inevitability event of a bank collapse. Under this draft proposal – which many expect to be applied to the entire EU – no depositor big or small will in future be able to feel safe with money deposited in a bank. The Slog now calls for those who represent us, across the entire cultural spectrum of European society – to do something.
- In a barely read piece a month ago, the International Business Times reported on the rapidly drafted new EU law for “overhauling its policy on how banks receive bumper bailouts”. Be aware: this is an EU move, not a eurozone move: it is already law (it passed on August 1st) and although for now it applies only to the eurozone, it is an EU law. Hardly anyone has commented on this, but the approach being taken matches word for word the 3-card trick George Osborne used six weeks ago when he said:
- “In future, taxpayers will not be called upon to bail banks out. It will be down to the creditors and the owners”.
- The most remarkable example of double-speak to date, at the time I pointed out that creditors are taxpayers (they’re account holders, simple as that) and so as the Establishments daren’t ask us for higher taxes to bail out their mates in the banking system, they will take it via, if you like, Direct Debit. It is exactly the same principle of stealing the Troika wishes to apply to Greek private pension funds.
- The initial piece at the IBT website noted that ‘Eurozone leaders agreed upon the major policy shift and also confirmed that the new rules will help protect the taxpayer and move the burden of bailing out the banks onto shareholders and junior debt holders.” Again, more bollocks: how will ripping your money out protect you? And note – junior debt holders…aka, you and I.
- Â But yesterday from the German site Deutsche Wirtschafts Nachrichten (German Economic News) came a piece reporting that all bets are off as far as the ‘guarantee of all funds under €100,000’ pledge is concerned. Under the curreent Lithuanian Presidency of Dalia Grybauskaite (seen left between a Trot and a poet), the proposal as drafted – and almost entirely ignored by the Western media – states as follows:
- * Treatment will not be the same regardless of size of deposit, BUT small account holders will have to wait up to four weeks to get their money….’depending on how serious the insolvency is’. During that time, there will be a maximum withdrawal of â‚¬100-200 per day – again, perhaps less depending on the seriousness of the failure. (Based on the Cyprus experience, the haircut in the end will be at least 60%).
- * The EU Parliament – allegedly – is demanding that deposits of €100,000+ euros should be confiscateed within five days. (So much for MEPs offering us some kind of protection from the Sprouts).
- * In the event of a banking collapse, all previous government commitments are null and void. The force majeur of “exceptional circumstances” can lead to ways round such pledges. Part of the new plan suggests savers could also be subject to a ‘penalty tax’ if they have less than € 100,000 in the bank. (So much for MMerkel’ss promise to the German people).
- George Orwell could’ve dropped acid and still not come up with a scheme quite so assumptive and brazenly deranged as this one. It is based on the following insane principles:
- 1. Putting money in a bank makes every citizen a creditor of that bank, equally prone to confiscation in order to repay….who exactly? The answer is, other banks it owed money. So it’s not really our money after all, it’s the banking sector’s money. After it’s been taxed by the Government, despite the fact that we earned it…it’s really all bankers’ money after all. Unbelievable.
- 2. If we are prudent enough to keep money in smaller amounts in lots of accounts, we will have to pay a ‘penalty tax’ – well of course we will: I mean, given it’s never our money really – we’re just borrowing it, or something – then quite right too. And because it isn’t really our money, we shall be given strictly limited spending money per day. The brass neck is beyond belief.
- 3. If you have been seditious enough in your life to actually make quite a lot of money legally, then within five days the money that was never really yours will be taken back by its rightful owners…the bankers….or the Government rescuing the bankers but without doing it in our taxes. Why five days – why not five seconds? I mean, it’s their money: we were just earning it for safe keeping, right? Of course we were.
- 4. Anything is an exceptional circumstance if they say it is. Even the Nazis in 1933 had to burn down the bloody Reichstag to declare a State of Emergency. In 2013, it requires just one dumb, over-leveraged, f**kwitted bank to collapse under the weight of its CEO’s ego, and we’re all pauperised by Law.
- I think the time has finally come when we must give our legislators and ‘leaders’ here in the UK a gigantic kick up the jacksy. And I think the time has come for every decent organisation to mobilise even Wayne and Waynetta to GTF off the sofa and start making it clear to the scheming Wankers of Westminster that we’re not having any of this crap here in Britain.
- As I tried to point out two years ago, this is no longer a political issue. This is a case of one simple rule by which decent citizens must abide: stealing things is wrong…especially when it’s done to repair your own stupid decisions in the past.
- These are the questions we should address to everyone supposed to represent us, starting today:
- 1. To German Sloggers, demand Angela Merkel make the safety of ALL EU citizens’ bank money a solid Election pledge next month.
- 2. To the Christian, Jewish, Muslim and humanist leaderships of Britain: start an outcry in the media. Why aren’t you giving your parishioners more support? Where is the outcry about pilfering from innocent citizens? Where is the condemnations of illegal, amoral confiscation?
- 3. To the anti-EU Conservative Right, to UKip and its leader Nigel Farage, to our MEPs – especially Dan Hannan: do you realise the delayed referendum on EU membership will come far too late to stop this? When are you going to start spelling this out to your supporters and media contacts that this is now a matter of citizen survival? Why hasn’t there been uproar in the European Parliament about this? You guys talk a good game, but where’s the line in the sand?
- 4. To the TUC: Your members are about to be fleeced by the Co-op’s management, and stand to be ruined by the EU’s ECB-driven policy of slashing both the wages and assets of the European workforce. Can we have less political point-scoring, and more ecumenical organising action?
- 5. To the Labour Party leadership: show that you truly are our friend in tough times. Stop doing bloody focus groups and poncing about between the lines of bland policy statements designed to make you look harmlessly voteworthy. Come back off your holidays and take a stand – when are you going to start hounding Camerlot bigtime on this iniquitous policy? Or are you complicit in it? Please tell us.
- 6. To the whingers and it-won’t-make-any-difference-it’s-nothing-to-do-with-me brigade: sorry, but you just ran out of road. Like it or not, you’re involved. Start a movement now to remove every penny of current account and deposit monies from the bank. Are you a live Homo sapiens, or a braindead lobster?
- The Co-operative scandal is just the beginning. They are going to take our money and leave us all penniless….at their mercy. To combat this, we really don’t need any slogan beyond this one: